Test AMAZON SES Mailer region-wise openssl script
We use the Amazon SES basically to configure our commercial mailers for promotions and marketing.
Considering your Amazon SES is configured in 4 regions for the same mailer and you have gotten it out of sandbox mode, and if you want to test mailers from all these locations, how will you do ?
I created a solution for the same, i would like to share the script with procedure keeping it short and sweet. We need the following 2 scripts
#!/bin/bash echo -n "$1" | openssl enc -base64 echo -n "$2" | openssl enc -base64
EHLO mailer.<domain>.com AUTH LOGIN <base64-key> <base64-secret> MAIL FROM: <user>@mailer.<domain>.com RCPT TO: <any_of_you_email_id_to_test>@<mailer>.com DATA From: <User> Mailer <user@mailer.<domain>.com> To: <any_of_you_email_id_to_test>@<mailer>.com Subject: Amazon SES SMTP Test (<Region> Activated) This message was sent using the Amazon SES SMTP interface (<Region>). . QUIT
- First run ./convercreds.sh <Amazon SES key> <Amazon SES Secret>
- Now you will get <base-64 – key> and <base64 – secret>, paste these values in input.txt
- Now replace all the ‘<>’ fields in the input.txt i have mentioned above with your values.
- Now run the following command
openssl s_client -crlf -quiet -starttls smtp -connect email-smtp.<region>.amazonaws.com:587 < input.txt
- Replace <region> every time you want to test any new region.
- Also ensure when ever you change the region, you also create a new base64 credentials out of key and secret for that region account.
- Try this out and let me know if any queries.