Mulesoft – Fundamentals
Mule is the lightweight integration run-time engine that allows you to connect anything, anywhere.
Rather than creating multiple point-to-point integrations between systems, services, APIs, and devices, use Mule to intelligently manage message routing, data mapping, orchestration, reliability, security, and scalability between nodes.
Plug other systems and applications into Mule and let it handle communication between systems, allowing you to track and monitor your application ecosystem and external resources.
Mule is so named because it “carries the heavy load” of developing an infrastructure that supports multiple applications and systems both flexibly and intelligently.
The Mule Approach
Flexible and reliable by design, Mule is proactive in adjusting to the changing demands of an interconnected network of systems and applications.
As you quickly learn in Anypoint Studio from designing even the simplest Mule applications, there is a plethora of tools that can be used to transform and capture data at each event (“component”) in a flow, always according to your objectives.
In turn, Mule accounts for any data you load on top of it, and does not mind executing operations concurrently.
Getting the Most out of Mule…
- Deploy or integrate applications or systems on premises or in the cloud
- Employ out-of-the-box connectors to create SaaS integration applications
- Build and expose APIs
- Consume APIs
- Create Web services which orchestrate calls to other services
- Create interfaces to expose applications for mobile consumption
- Integrate B2B with solutions that are secure, efficient, and quick to build and deploy
- Shift applications onto the cloud
- Connect B2B e-commerce activities