Many businesses rely on a complex mix of custom applications, databases, and technologies to implement their business processes and manage information.
Optimizing the reuse and coordination of these assets and information sources helps organizations simultaneously reduce time-to-market and costs, but this data is not always easy to access or to integrate.
Vendors typically have their own ways to format and expose data. Therefore, integrating the various applications across an enterprise poses significant challenges.
TIBCO Adapters bridge custom applications, databases, and other technologies in the enterprise information flow, regardless of their data formats or communication protocols. An adapter isolates an application from complex interaction and makes it part of TIBCO infrastructure without requiring any changes to the application.
Integration of new applications does not require programming and does not interfere with existing infrastructure.
TIBCO Adapters encapsulate complex interaction patterns into a set of standard services.
This makes it easy to administer the adapters.
TIBCO Adapters exchange information through TIBCO messaging platform, which provides flexible and scalable information bus infrastructure.
When the information is published to TIBCO infrastructure, it is transformed and delivered with extremely low latency and you can implement business process automation across applications.
TIBCO Adapters provide integration for a variety of technologies:
- Packaged Applications SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft, Lotus Notes, SWIFT, Oracle BRM, J.D. Edwards Enterprise One, BMC Remedy, and others.
- Databases Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL, and PostGres, DB2 UDB for UNIX, DB2 for z/OS, and DB2 for i5/OS.
- Mainframe and i5/OS Technologies CICS, IMS, DB2, VSAM, dataset files for z/OS and RPG program objects, Data Queues, and SPOOL files for i5/OS.
- Other Standards and Technologies EJB, Files, LDAP, MQSeries, Tuxedo, and OSISoft PI.
- Custom Integration Java and C++.